The Surplus Line Association of California (SLA California) offers a Web-based application called the Surplus Lines Information Portal (SLIP) that allows brokers to electronically submit their policy information to the SLA California. This tool is an exciting step forward for our state. SLIP is a nationally recognized surplus lines solution - we're confident you will find it to be an easy-to-use and powerful tool. Our adoption of SLIP is based upon its sound design, clear user interface, and proven track record of success. Moreover, those states in which SLIP is currently in operation report overwhelming evidence of user satisfaction. In addition to electronic filing, SLIP provides a variety of other useful tools that allow brokers to manage their policy submissions.
SLIP's features include:
- A user-friendly web interface for brokers to quickly and correctly submit their policies without the need to download any software.
- An upload process for larger brokers to submit their policy data in an electronic batch format. Click here for more information.
- A streamlined process for brokers and SLA California examiners to identify and resolve policy filing issues.
- The ability to view all previously submitted (historical) data.
- Access to detailed reports for brokers to review, analyze, and verify their submitted data, thereby minimizing the required involvement of SLA California staff.
- The ability for brokers to manage their own users and distribute their workload.
The Surplus Lines Information Portal (SLIP) website provides the ability for SLA California member brokers and their representatives to electronically submit and review surplus lines policy data. Unauthorized access to or use of the SLIP website, or any SLA California website or service, is strictly prohibited.